- Ph.D., Philosophy, Yale, 2011
- M.Phil., Philosophy, Yale, 2008
- M.A., Philosophy, Yale, 2006
- B.A., Philosophy and German, University of Denver, 2003 (summa cum laude)
Tina Rulli was an assistant professor in the Philosophy Department at Purdue University in 2013-2014. Prior to joining Purdue, she was a postdoctoral fellow in the Clinical Center Bioethics Department at the National Institutes of Health in . She joined the UC Davis Department of Philosophy in 2014.
Tina Rulli’s research is in normative ethics, applied ethics, and bioethics. On the applied side, she is interested in applications of the duty to rescue and the ethics of procreation and adoption. On the normative, theoretical side, her work spans across population ethics, the demands of morality, and the possibility for moral options.
- Rulli, T. (forthcoming) The ethics of procreation and adoption, Philosophy Compass
- Rulli, T., & Mackay, D. (forthcoming) The duty to rescue and investigators obligations, Kennedy Institute of Ethics Journal.
- Rulli, T. (forthcoming) What is the value of three-parent IVF? Hastings Center Report.
- Rulli, T., & Worsnip, A. (2016) IIA, rationality, and the individuation of options, Philosophical Studies (173) 1: 205-221
- Rulli, T., & Wendler, D. (2015) The duty to take rescue precautions, Journal of Applied Philosophy, Early View: March 2015
- Rulli, T. (2014) Preferring a genetically-related child, Journal of Moral Philosophy, online November 2014.
- Rulli, T. (2014) The unique value of adoption, In Family Making: Contemporary Ethical Challenges, Francoise Baylis and Carolyn McLeod (Eds.), Oxford University Press.
- Rulli, T., & Millum, J. (2014) Rescuing the duty to rescue, Journal of Medical Ethics.
- Rulli, T., Emanuel, E., & Wendler, D. (2012) The moral duty to buy health insurance, Journal of the American Medical Association 308/2: 137-138.
UC Davis Institute of Social Sciences Individual Research Grant, 2015–2016